Thursday 26 August 2010

A Village Affair.

Saturday was the first of the Craft Markets in a tiny village near to me called Warkton. It has been organised by Deanne and Michelle who, like me, are keen to start a handcraft revolution. (or revive an old one!)

View from the village hall


I didn't do as well at this market as I normally do at some of my regular markets, but I think that was because this was because the visitors were more of a traditional craft fayre bunch. Not sure creepy doll badges were high on their shopping lists! Sometimes that just the way it rolls! I'm sure as word spreads about this monthly market, there'll be even more visitors.

Anyway, it did make me realise that I may have to adapt the things I sell to appeal to different markets.


Take a browse through the photos to see some wonderfully talented artists and crafters.

Gifts of Nature Workshop. Fabulous wood turning from Sue Cattell.
My new recycled fabric-covered notebooks
The Crow Road stall (me) and yes, yes, I know I need to work on a proper display. I'm doing it ok?
Bizzie Lizzie (aka Lesley)
Lovely painted furniture, mirrors etc. but she is also a beautiful fine art painter and below are some of her lovely cards of her village scenes.
Yankee do-Little Delights. A fabulous idea from our resident american, Meghan. She beautifully packages ingredients for traditional american cookies and brownies. (She also kept us going with samples she had made earlier. They were delicious)
This lady does the most gorgeous knitted scarves in fine merino wool, decorated with tiny beads and at such a reasonable price. Check out her website.

 Cute little angels.
Lovely jams and chutneys from Hedgerow Preserves.
Beautiful crafts from Button-It
Quirky Boots handcrafted goodies.

It was a lovely day; my mum came to keep me company and we thoroughly enjoyed chatting with the other stall-holders and having cups of tea made for us by Deanne and Michelle. I look forward to the next one.

Photos courtesy of Deanne and Michelle. 

5 comments:

  1. There is some amazing stalls there. I'd love to get involved with craft fairs next year. It is so difficult when our work does not sell, it can feel so personal. I'm sure they loved your work. xJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jo, thanks for the blog post about the craft market :)
    your goodies are gorgeous, i was drooling over everything but we're so pleased that your going to come back and not give up on us just yet :)
    see you very soon and cant wait to see your christmas decorations :) hugs xx deanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo
    Thanks for the blog post about the craft market at Warkton. My grandson loved his badge, your work is beautiful and artistic. I'm sure you will sell more next time.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun! your stall is my favorite, of course, and i like your display. ;) i wish i were close enough to pop on over next month. i'll have to work that out sometime!

    missin' you! i've been totally MIA lately due to lots of drama on the home-front (well, more like the school front -- i want to punch them).

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - I just wanted to rush head long into the tables with my arms spread wide so I could scoop up all the gorgeousness! And guess what arrived yesterday afternoon too? Yes, your box of goodies!!! This morning I wore green just so I could don your beautiful ribbon flower clip. I see them on your table too! You are such a precious gem! I loved everything you sent me and WAY more cards than I expected, you naughty thing!

    ReplyDelete