Thursday 17 September 2009

Is It Just Me, Or Is It Hot In Here?


My post today is a somewhat personal one. I seem to have started the menopause at a very early age; it began about 2 years ago when I was 42. I read all about the peri-menopause, which can last about 5-7 years, and managed to cope with the occasional hot flush.
However, things seemed to have stepped up a gear and the flushes are becoming frequent and almost unbearable!
I was wondering if any bloggers out there in a similar situation, knew of any natural remedies that worked for them. I really don't want to resort to HRT.

I used to be called "hot" when I was younger, but this is ridiculous! : )


Image above taken from an informative site called A Midwife's Muse


5 comments:

  1. I always have a supply of Wibbly Wobbly Wonders in my freezer to deal with those episodes that I do not utter out loud just in case there's another lying in wait! I identify with them too you know,-yes as I TOO am a Wibbly Wobbly Wonder! Hey Jo(coud be a good song that!)we could start up a WWWW site-Wibbly Wobbly Wonder Women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Jo! Just today I was sweating from every single pore located above my shoulders! I thought my head was going to turn into a pillar of steam - even in the freezer section of the grocery store! It was ridiculous. I'm also suffering from night sweats on a regular basis. I have been ever since Rexy was born. It's so frustrating. I'm only 46. Let me know if you come up with a miracle cure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do make me laugh Rainey. I take it wibbly, wobbly wonders are those gel ice packs? Pack of peas? Sex aid? Ha ha! Good idea though. I've taken to carrying a rather stylish little fan around with me.

    Laurie, I will indeed let you know of any miracle cures, (although you may just have to join the WWWW gang!)

    Thanks ladies, I'm glad we are coming out of the menopausal closet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the only thing that helped me was evening primrose oil capsules, congratulatiuns on winning Rbyn's give away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Penny, I'll give it a go! And yes, I'm so thrilled to have won the lucky goddess.

    ReplyDelete